This is our family blog, set up so that you can be one step closer to our daily lives. We've got TWENTY feet (often more) going in and out of our house every day, out of which comes a lot of stories! Who are the other two feet, you ask? YOU! Our guest!

Friday, April 29, 2011

What Is It?

I have no idea what these are (well, somewhat of an idea - but it is probably wrong...). Would my plant savvy friends give me a hint?
Amaryllis and Italian parsley or Queen Anne's lace?

Young peaches, apricots or the forbidden fruit?

I am hoping for peaches, but I think my hopes may be dashed either way.

I think they're being eaten by a parasite - what should I do?!

Thanks, friends!

4 comments:

Summer said...

awww sorry about the parasites. Wish I could help ya but I dont even know what half the plants you named were ;) Hope the move is going smoothly! :)

Kris said...

I'll send this on to Grams. I am no help to you in this at all!!! I'm looking forward to being there!

Suzan said...

I had fruit trees in two of my houses. If you get the trees healthy, they will give you more fruit than you can handle. They do look like peaches but I cannot tell for sure. Go to Home Depot or a local lawn and garden store. Take the fruit with you. They should be able to tell you what it is. Also, if you can find the parasite or damage from a parasite, take the fruit or branch or whatever and they will tell you how to treat it. OR find a Master Gardener in your area. They will specialize in plants and trees in Alabama and can tell give you all kinds of wonderful advice. Many times you can get the advice for free :) Just ask around.
Good Luck!!

Kenny & Kate said...

The first one looks like Queen Anne's Lace, though I'd get a second opinion on that, since Poison Hemlock is so similar. And those look like Peaches! Can't see the parasite - what does it look like? Local Cooperative extension office should be able to give you more specific id's and advice :-)