It's been a tough week at home (old house) this week. The process of moving and selling the house has had a few train wrecks. Add to all of that coordinating renovation, selling furniture, cutting pastures, moving horses, packing things up, saying goodbye, working this job and that job, day to day life stuff...... and we are a little worn out at the end of the day. I've been feeling guilty about been tried and short tempered when SO MANY that I know have it much more difficult than I do, but it is what it is.
I am very grateful for the new adventure and excited to see what life is like on a small farm, but I forget about that when I am frustrated. Forgive me if I've hurt your feelings or seemed distant. I am hoping to be a better friend and/or relative soon.
I almost reached the breaking point last night. I told Sam that I was overwhelmed and felt I had no one to help me... even he couldn't because he is so busy (and rightfully so). He gently reminded me that I haven't asked anyone for help (SO hard to do and quite humbling). So, here's my cry for help:
HELP!
I need it in the form of packing, cleaning and reassuring, mostly. The barn needs to be cleaned and ready for my sweet ponies, the pasture needs to be cut, the farm house needs to be cleaned, what the heck am I going to do with that kitchen and so on and so on. Most of these things are projects that I need to be working on, but I need buddies to come hang out and keep me focused and motivated while I pack and clean and plan. I need someone to bounce ideas off of. I need a friend!
It would most likely just be an hour here or there. It's hard to ask because it is something I know no one wants to spend time doing. I'm also afraid that no one will want to help. Plus, three out of my four readers live out of state... and the other reader is my husband. :o) I guess what you could do for me is pray that God will send me some friends to help. or give me superhuman powers for a few days!
On a happy note (a much needed happy note!), we have some new floors and they look GREAT!
It would most likely just be an hour here or there. It's hard to ask because it is something I know no one wants to spend time doing. I'm also afraid that no one will want to help. Plus, three out of my four readers live out of state... and the other reader is my husband. :o) I guess what you could do for me is pray that God will send me some friends to help. or give me superhuman powers for a few days!
On a happy note (a much needed happy note!), we have some new floors and they look GREAT!
5 comments:
The floors look wonderful!!! Good thing you figured out how to seprate them! How will we protect the movers from scratching? The boat should be back in Biloxi by next Sat. Once we are home and I am ready to be your Moving Slave. Hang in there. You both must be exhausted. Let me know what I can bring. I'm sorry I'm not there now.
I would love to be a moving slave . . .except I cannot lift anything right now. I am really good about telling other people what to do AND I love animals. I can keep the animals busy. Wish I could help too however I can send you many many prayers to keep you focused.
oh, How I wish I was not one of those out of state readers! I'd enjoy spending the time with you and getting things done. Sending prayers and hugs in lieu ~ it's stressful because it is important, you pour so much love and thought into your homes and it clearly shows - they just glow from the effort. I'm always inspired when I see all that you have done! May today's work go well, and may you give yourself credit for all that you have done!
<3
Kate
Thanks, all!
Mama, I know you'll be here as soon as you can! :o)
Aunt Suzan the prayers will help the most, I'm sure! I am just so thankful for you! Come visit soon and we will have a farm party - whatever that may be!
Kate, I KNOW you would be here if you could and you would have some of the best advice for this farm! Thanks for your encouraging words - maybe one day your whole family could bike and camp all the way up here for a visit! :o)
Michelle,
I would have a little helper with me which is not typically very "helpful", but is there something I can do other than pray for ya'll
Katie Abbott
Post a Comment