This is our family blog, set up so that you can be one step closer to our daily lives. We've got TWENTY feet (often more) going in and out of our house every day, out of which comes a lot of stories! Who are the other two feet, you ask? YOU! Our guest!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Moving Messes

Things are progressing at the new house very nicely. The paint is on the walls (sorry - no pictures yet!) and the floors are being put down as I type! I am very thankful for the progress!
Things are the current home... well... they are slow. We had a great open house, but haven't heard back from any potential buyers. I know that God has a plan and a family that He wants in this home, so I am trying not to stress out. The house hasn't even been on the market for a month and it is a beautiful home, so I'll stop my worrying for now. :o) We'll see how that goes!
I have semi- started putting things together to pack. We don't have many boxes, so that makes it difficult. However, I haven't filled up the ones I have, either. What gets to me the most are the piles of stuff here and there. I am one of those "everything in its place and a place for everything" people so seeing things unorganized and rooms cluttered up puts me on edge. We are also trying to sell some of our furniture, so I have to move piles of clutter here and there to take pictures. Once the furniture goes, I will have even more things to box up! It looks like we are going to have to have another yard sale SOON!When we moved three years ago, I used the Flylady system and it really helped me rid my house of the clutter I did not need and kept the packing/moving process organized, sane and do-able. I will also be color coding each room for the movers (even though they didn't use it last time) and having a room name and color on each box. This was soooooooooooo helpful for me. When the movers would ask where something was going to go, I could just look at the color and point without having to think too much. I also knew about what was in each box by the color since I knew what room it came from/was going to. It sounds crazy and time consuming to color-coordinate things, but I can't emphasize enough how helpful it was.
So that's how my week is going and next week I hope to be stepping into high gear with the packing. After all, we are moving in the first week of May! Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for listening to my woes. Hopefully I will have some fun pictures for you next time!

3 comments:

Kris said...

I'm sad to see some of the things that you have to let go (as I know you are), but you have to keep looking forward to the new adventure. Your progress in the new place has been impressive. Wish I could be there to help you pack. Maybe soon?

Suzan said...

Michelle and Sam - I would love to come to your home and just hide there. It feels (from afar) a place of love and happiness.
Maybe some day in the distant future I can visit, be a pain for you (when is Aunt Suzan going to leave) and enjoy your wonderful home.
I am so happy for you. I hope to come visit sometime and enjoy you, the animals and the freedom of the outdoors.

M'elle said...

Thanks for the encouragement - we are in a rough spot right now, but the tough part should be over in less than 2 weeks! Aunt Suzan, come visit! I'll even teach you how to ride a horse! :o)