My last post was a post of GREAT lamentation, so I thought I would post only of happy things here today!
For example, my favorite sub-contractor:

Now, the house is still a mess, but floors are being added and walls are being painted and, plumbing is being installed. For all of this to happen, you need to have a very large workbench:

Back to paint colors! We had a good bit of leftover paint from our old kitchen wall color, so we reused it! The color scheme we will the same in this kitchen. No marble counter tops, but you can't have it all!

We'll change out the light fixture in the dining area to the one in my current art studio. It's an antique crystal one. My dad gave it to me. I love it!
The window below is in the kitchen and has a very wide sill, like a window seat. I plan to put a birdbath and feeder on this tree so that Scout and Henri can watch the birds for hours.

This is the main room of the house, minus the paneling and crazy colors - doesn't it look SO much better?!

I really like the light that streams in from this window. We will be able to sit and watch the sunset over the barn from it as well. I can't wait!

Here's the master bath - it has a LONG way to go, but it is getting there.

I told some of you about the paint color controversy in the master rooms... turns out the yellowy-orange cast was from the light hitting the orange-brown deck and reflecting back into the room. It looks much better now! :o) Everyone is happy.

We chose very light colors for our house because the rooms are so much smaller than what we are used to (and the ceilings), so we knew we would need that light look to help create the feelig of more space.

I know I've shown you the two guest rooms before, but here they are again!

See how the light can create different hues out of one color?

Here's the guest bath - purple of course! I have to have some purple!

And last, but not least... my art studio with the beginnings of a floor!

Yay!!!!!! Once the tile is grouted those dark lines will be much less visible. The room is purple, too. :o)

It is starting to come together - can we get it done in less than a week?!
4 comments:
The tile looks good, Michelle. I know both of you are exhausted. I will be there as soon as I can get things settled here. Your Dad may get a stack of Lean Cuisine as I won't have time to prepare a bunch of meals! I can't wait to help. You have both done a wonderful job! I do send a link to others. They do look.
It's looking good, fresh and airy!
Thanks mama and Hilary!
M - I do get e mails from Aunt J!
H - I can't find your blog! Do you still have it?
It looks great Michelle. It is amazing how much you've changed in such a short amount of time. I am impressed.
Post a Comment