Sam and I are insane, and you didn't even know it. We are so insane that we are going to TRY to buy another house. I say "another" because we all know how the market is and we expect to hold onto the current home for 6 months to a year.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I said we were going to stop looking at houses and stay here for 2 to 3 years more after the last 3 houses fell through (or slipped through our fingers). Well, that was all fine and good until this:
came wandering into our lives. You see, it's a foreclosure (foreclosure = much cheaper). It is in the neighborhood we want. It is almost 100 years old (we love historic stuff) with antique mantels etc. It's got a good yard, deck and porches. It's big, so it could be our forever home if we stay here and house the 4 children I want (or the 2 that Sam want) plus an aging parent, missionary and our menagerie of pets (probably not the horse, but we could try). It is over 3,000 square feet! Which is a lot to clean... but it has more than one bathroom! I can hear the angels singing now...Don't get me wrong. This puppy needs A LOT of work. A lot. But, as Sam put it, we would rather do the work now than when we have 2 small children.
I love my bitty house, which is serving us very well currently. However, it won't always be just right. And a house with our exact specifications doesn't come along every day, especially one of this size in this neighborhood. It is more well known for small bungalows rather than large four-squares.
If you'd like a link to take a virtual tour of the house, let me know and I will pass it on. I'd post it here, but it includes too much location information for me to feel comfortable giving out to the world. Family, I will put a link on the closed website.
Anyway, here's where we are with the house:
Wednesday, 6:00pm- Sam shows me house on the Internet
Wednesday, 6:30pm- I called our agent
Wednesday, 8:20pm- we pick up the agent at her house with flashlights and look at the house
Wednesday, 9:45pm-11:15pm-Sam and I discuss
Thursday, 3:15pm- we look at the house in daylight
Thursday, 4:00pm- put in first offer
Friday, 4:45am - Sam leaves town
Friday, 5:15pm- repo company counter offered
Saturday, 4:30pm - Emily T & I go look at the house (I remember the lock box code-hee hee)
Saturday, pm- I speak with Sam, he has "cold feet." I fret. Relentlessly.
Sunday, pm- I do a lot of praying and soul searching about my motives for the house
Sunday, 9:03 pm- Sam comes home and is bombarded with a house hungry wife suffering from franticisim (yeah, I just made up that word).
Monday, 8:45am- agent calls, we counter the counter offer, pending inspection, of course
Monday, 3:30pm- Nervous me calls agent, we set up inspection day.
Sorry. That was longer than I meant it to be.
As it stands right now, our agent feels that the asset management company in Colorado is wanting to negotiate (someone else put in an offer before us and it was flat-out refused) and we should hear something around (probably after) 5:00 pm today.
I let you guys know something soon.....
6 comments:
Franticism - - - now I have a word for it :) T remember driving up to your house & seeing the azaleas for the the first time. They were so beautiful. If this one works out there will be soooooooo much to do. But it will be fun to do it with someone. Good luck.
How exciting - is it still in Capitol Heights? Will you send me the link for the tour?
how fun! please send me the link as well!! and keep us updated!
Hello, all.
As of right now, no news yet. Our agent says that it is common to "wait" for a reply from an asset management company. So, I am learning ALLLLLLLLLL about some patience right now.
Stephanie and Liz, I will send you a link. I'd like your opinions from a Biblical/excess standpoint as well. I am really struggling with justifying this size of a house in the light of glorifying God (I have no problem justifying it otherwise!).
Franticisim, Mama. It is the word for the next few months, I believe!
Her husband wasn't bombarded too much. It will be a great house one day....hopefully we will be in it and will still have all of our marbles about us. I woulnd't consider doing it with out my wonderful, organized, loving wife at my side to encourage me, and help me paint.
Sam
I just hope you hear soon. It's difficult to wait, and wait. I'll help you paint!!! Her Dad isn't much on painting. However, he is handy with the carpentry stuff. It's hard not to make plans, isn't it? Good luck. Call me first!!!!! :)
Post a Comment