Well, it's that time of year.... pumpkins, squash, apples - harvest time! Except, my harvest is a little different. You see, it's been almost two years since I cut my hair. Haircuts are really no big deal, but sometimes mine are. Normally I would not post about a hair cut, but if you are a person that does not mind having long or short hair from time to time, you could help some very deserving kids! Most everyone has heard of "Locks of Love," an organization that harvests hair from others and turns it into affordable, if not free wigs for kids who have lots their hair for one reason or another. They can hang upside down on the monkey bars, swim in the pool, ride horses, play sports, do anything just about that normal kids do with these wigs on since they are made just for the recipient and of pure human hair. You need to have 10 continuous inches (at least - some say 11) of hair to give. My hair grows fairly quickly and is healthy, fine, and there's a lot of it! It takes lots of people to make one wig for one child, so I am calling on those of you who have hair you don't mind growing terribly long (the last few months are hard!) and then getting chopped off. Go see my side-bar for more information on LOL. You can even get a free haircut at some salons for donating! I leave a nice tip, though!
Before the cut.......
and after!
But wait! There was another birthday, and I forgot my camera. However, I was given access to these pictures. If you can't already tell, the birthday boy is the one in the middle with the crown!
The King with his ladies and peeps... three years old and he already knows how to work it!
Hunting boots, football jersey and all!
The King with his loyal subjects:
I have a few more catch up posts to do, and then I will be back to blogging about, well, other things that are going on!
1 comment:
It had gotten so long. We were looking at pictures last night and found those after your last LOL appointment. Looks like some great birthday parties. Was it peppermint cake?
Post a Comment