This is our family blog, set up so that you can be one step closer to our daily lives. We've got TWENTY feet (often more) going in and out of our house every day, out of which comes a lot of stories! Who are the other two feet, you ask? YOU! Our guest!

Monday, March 10, 2008

Who Is This Crazed Man?!?!

And WHAT has he done with my husband?!



This is Plaster 'n Soot Man!!!!!

Oh, have you not heard of this home improvement superhero before?

I admit I was a little shocked at first (this pictures was taken after he cleaned up!!!). I heard what I thought to be my husband coming home via the back gate. I called out lovingly to my sweet husband, turned on the porch light and opened up the back door..... to my surprise, a very shadowy figure stood in the light before me. I was at a complete loss for words. The superhero then informed me that I no longer need be in fear of what might lurk above my head in my future kitchen... all was taken care of... dead rats, nests, soot dating all the way back to 1910 and... old crumbly plaster! All was gone. The danger had passed. I would have passionately kissed him at that point... but his lips were covered in soot.

Instead, I cried "Thank you! OH THANK YOU! Plaster n' Soot Man - you are my HERO!!!! How can I ever repay you?!"

"Ma'am..." He said in his deep bellowing voice, "There is no need to repay me. I simply did what must be done. No plaster walls need ever stand between me and what I love!"

"Oh, but there must be something I can do for you!"

"Well..... you could make me dinner and kiss me..."

"Ummm.... I'll make dinner... but I really don't know about the kissing part... you're kinda sooty."

"Well then, ma'am. I must go. Remember, never let a plaster wall and what lurks behind it imprison you with fear. For where there is evil hidden in old houses, PLASTER N' SOOT MAN IS NEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And with a cough and a cloud of dust, he was gone. All that remained was a pile of dirty, soot covered clothes at my feet. I thought I heard him later on in the bathroom, but all I found was a dirty black ring around the tub and what was left of a bar of soap. I asked my husband if he had seen the man on his way home for dinner, but he explained that it was highly unlikely for anyone to see a man in the dark so covered in soot.

So, Plaster n' Soot Man, where ever you are know that I'll be dreaming of you tonight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look! Up in the sky! No, in that cloud of dust . . . (cough, cough) --- It's Super Pigpen, the bravest of all brave . . . Eat his dust, Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Spidey, Flash, Aquaman, and all you other guys. We vote for ST!!! Yay!! Good job and it's going to be the most beautiful and appreciated kitchen ceiling in the universe!!! (I'm kinda glad I wasn't there to help)

Anonymous said...

Plaster n' Soot Man here: Do not try this at home! Knocking down plaster, soot, and old chimneys is hard work. If it were not for my trusty side kick, Demo Dog, I would not have made it through my last encounter with evil plaster. Till next time, keep it clean!
PnSM

Anonymous said...

Dude. That is one good superhero to have around.