This is our family blog, set up so that you can be one step closer to our daily lives. We've got TWENTY feet (often more) going in and out of our house every day, out of which comes a lot of stories! Who are the other two feet, you ask? YOU! Our guest!

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Hold It!

You probably won't be able to use the upstairs bathroom for another month or two...
And by then, the poop inspired brown tile which once graced the walls of this pepto-pink bathroom will be replaced with lovely white bead board and pretty light blue (or lavender-not sure yet...) walls.
I know you're sad. The "Bodily Function" theme and the "Nature Calls" theme (which is shown by the gardening/floral aspect of the wall paper border) were very moving, if you know what I mean....
The interior designers were oh so clever in the colors they used while thinking of what goes on in the bathroom... And we will be, too.
However, our theme goes more with antacids, soothing bubble baths, feeling healthy and clean as opposed to heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea - YAY! Pepto bismol!!!!!!!!!!
So, our indigestion has subsided a little by the removal of a crumbling ceiling with a ridiculously tiny fan (that was barely attached) and a covered vent to...
a ceiling properly fitted with green-board and will be adorned with a exhaust fan/vent with a light.

We've yet to pick a vanity, vanity light fixture, sink fixture, etc. but we'll keep you posted!

Next rest area in 100 miles!!!!!!

4 comments:

Angela said...

Oh my. Merely looking at this makes me tired. You are very patient and hardworking people.

Anonymous said...

Progress, progress and PROGRESS!!!! You are doing so well!!! This is great. I can picture the finished product in the cool blue and/or soothing lavender . . . . High 5 to you both (if you can mamage it, if not a mental high will do)

Kenny & Kate said...

I can't say that I even know what green board is. I am in awe of your knowledge and skills in this whole remodeling ordeal! I imagine that the tub will be staying?

M'elle said...

You guys flatter me (us)!
The tup will be staying. It's on the upstairs landing right now... which looks kinda cool, but I don't think that's where people will want to take a bath.
Green board (or blue board?) is specially made for bathrooms and other moist places.
We learn as we go!