This is our family blog, set up so that you can be one step closer to our daily lives. We've got TWENTY feet (often more) going in and out of our house every day, out of which comes a lot of stories! Who are the other two feet, you ask? YOU! Our guest!

Monday, March 31, 2008

Get Out Your Catcher's Mit...

Because I am about to throw some quick updates at ya.

I know, I know, I know. I told you I'd update you on all of this cool stuff going on at the Foursquare last week and I didn't. it was a busy one.

My allergies have come back with a vengeance and I caught some sort of cold/fever thing. I had a birthday, I taught my riding lessons all week though I was in bad health (the world doesn't stop for sickies), I've been working on camp curriculum, I fell off of my horse (I actually just kinda bailed) which was TOTALLY my fault and left me with a nasty scrape and lots of soreness, I worked at the Foursquare, sold the double oven, made 6 birthday presents for some of the barn kids, attended the big birthday bash had laundry coming out of my ears and how knows what else. There was no rest for the weary.

This week will be more of the same:
  • cabinets come today

  • kitchen must be completely painted

  • lessons to be scheduled and taught

  • curriculum to be presented

  • slab picked out for counter tops

  • cabinet installation

  • art lessons

  • "floor people" must be called about problems and fix before cabinets put in

  • Plumber called and scheduled before cabinets installed

  • And much more of the same

All of that to say, I won't be posting much this week and it certainly won't be very witty if I do post.

Here are some pictures. I know that's really what you stopped by to see!

Kitchen: patched and primed
Laundry room ceiling with walls painted

Master Bedroom: patched, primed and picture rail added (educational post on picture rail coming soon!)Family Room: floors have a little bit of polyurethane on them instead of the POLYURETHANE we requested for the future House of Many Feet. More to come on that, too, but I hate to complain....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It all looks so good. The floors are beautiful. I like the colors. You will have to get socks for the animals.

Anonymous said...

Allergies are hitting HARD here. At first I could not figure out all the headaches, until I woke up one day feeling like I had a black eye. And, the floors are lovely.

MI class 2007 said...

oh how i DO NOT miss the allegries that come with living in Alabama!!! its rough to be so miserable in the prettiest time of the year!! glad for the update. the floors do look great. and i think your mom has the right idea with socks for the pets! haha

M'elle said...

The pollen is bad - I haven't really had a big problem with it until this year. I am on the hunt for some local honey!
And as for the socks, well, we put one on Ella yesterday and it took her less than a minute to fling it off... We are going to have to go to weekly nail trims I believe..