Well, as you already know, we are starting a new adventure in our family on 19 acres of land! It includes a house built in 1987, barn/workshop, garage dog pen/tractor shed and somewhat of a pool. It is a foreclosure, so keep in mind that there will be a lot of changes including the disappearance of some lime green paint. If you have suggestions about farm life, painters, flooring (the carpet may just be original!), etc. please offer them up!
I will let the pictures do most of the talking and show you around as best as I can. Here we go!

The land has a few fruit trees and ornamentals.

Here's the front of the house including the future farmer! I'm not really into the color of it, but hopefully it will change in the future.

Here's the back view of the house. I am in a little fort looking down, taking the picture. There used to be an intricate garden of some sort back here.

Here's the back deck connecting to doors leading to the family room and future studio.

This is the front door from the inside. I love the door, but am not wild about the colors in the house. I think you'll understand!

The family room with a door leading to the master bed and bath and a door leading to two other bedrooms and a bathroom. The paneling will have to go, as it is rough hewn and collects dust, hair and small creatures such as spiders. Plus, it's just not me.
That large brick thing in the middle is not a planter, but the base for a fish tank. We will either make it into some sort of table or store the dog toys in it. What else can you do? Remember that episode of Winne the Pooh where Pooh got stuck int he doorway of rabbit's house and Rabbit decorated around him trying to make the best of it? Well, here we are!

The floor plan is an open one. Here is the view from the kitchen (a step up) into the family room. There is a bar sink.

This is looking into the kitchen/ breakfast area, front room and dining room. How many colors can you count?

The laundry room. We will need to address the floor.

The kitchen is missing the cabinet doors, but it has a really nice floor!

Another view of the kitchen...

The breakfast area....

Another view from the family room...

The family room has doors that lead to the deck and a wood burning fireplace, heater thing.

This is the master bedroom.

It has doors that also lead to the deck and looks out onto the back pasture.

This is the master bath. The tub does not work, the faucet drips and the shower is leaking, but it'll be alright!

Guest room #1, also known as the crazy room. Each wall is a different pattern of these colors.

Guest room #2. It's pretty tame compared to the other!


The guest bath - it seems to be in good shape!

This will be the art studio eventually. I am so thankful my sweet husband will let me have this space to create!

Here's the pool. It needs a GOOD cleaning.

This is looking down onto the pool and back pasture. Anyone have any idea what these poles are for? They have electricity going to them.

A carport! Yay! I haven't had one of these since 1998!

Not only do we have a carport, but a garage, too!

This is the back pasture. we think it is about 10 acres.

This is another view of the back pasture from the other side of the garage.

Here's the tractor shed that sits inside the huge dog pen (it has automatic waterers!).

This is a view from the tractor shed looking out into the pen. I told you it was huge!

This is the side of the house looking towards the barn. Speaking of the barn...

Here it is! There's a place for the horse trailer, an outdoor sink and

this is what Sam's new workshop will look like! However, I am exited that there is a

tack and feed room with saddle racks and all!

and this is where we will serve dinner to our horses.

It needs some cleaning, but we will get there.
Well, what do you think of our new farm?! :o)
13 comments:
Oh my goodness! I am beyond excited!! I have to go show Matt and the kids the pictures! Congratulations!
So sorry! The comment was left as my blog name. It's me! Julie! Love you!
Omg, I LOVE it! Cant wait to see it in person! You guys are so lucky and so blessed, and also so deserving! Look forward to seeing you soon. Check out my blog sometime(horsenamedmoose.blogspot.com) I love yours, didnt know you had one :) Love yall!
I can absolutely see you in this house, and I can't wait to see what you do with it. Congratulations!
Katie Abbott
Julie - I knew it was you! I am SO ready for you guys to come visit!!!
Summer, this is where you can take your vacations and hang out anytime! :o)
Katie, we need to plan for your little one to come visit and ride soon before I move the horses!!!
Congratulations! What area is it in? I'm assuming your current house is going up for sale?
So excited for you all!
Thank you for starting ths up again, Michelle. I'm so glad to see it. I was ordered to send a link to Grams this morning. She is so interested. Isn't it great to see the comments? When you are worn out working on the property, come back to this and read the excitement everyone has for you! :) Knowing what you have done to make the home you are in beautiful, we can't wait to see what you will do here.
Michelle- that house has some great bones and I'm sure it will be beautiful when you get finished! How exciting to have all of that land and your own little retreat! Can't wait to see the end result!
Thanks for setting up. I can see the wheels turning in your brain. It will be beautiful when you guys finish. It looks like you will be able to spend more time outside or in your studio once you are finished. The house will probably take less time to take care of.....you have learned on the first two houses and now you will be able to have all your animals near you. Enjoy.
This is so awesome Michelle! I am so excited for y'all. It will be perfect!!
-Hilary
You and your many feet amaze me!! It all looks very beautiful (lots of work) but aplace I would love to be and relax.
It I had it my way -- my six feet in Idaho (me and Sehara) would come and visit anytime we wanted to rest.
Beam me up Scottie
I love it! Can't wait to get a chance to see it in person. Lots of work but you are both young and able! Fun, Fun, work!
Post a Comment