It is Spring, undeniably, around here! Flowers blooming, birds chirping, bugs zipping here and there... I love Spring because of it's exuberance after the cold, still Winter and for it's beauty. My bulb garden outside of the kitchen window is finally going through the different stages after years of planning and planting: paper whites first, daffodils (both wild, miniature and standard) second, grape and traditional hyacinth third, tulips currently and who knows what will be next! When we first moved into the house, we planted an asparagus patch. This is the first year they have been ready to harvest and eat! We had our first batch for dinner the other night and they were wonderful - I'm already picking more for our next meal! It was fun to grow something in our own back yard and take it straight to our table.

It is also a constant reminder of how much of ourselves we have invested into this house, the yard and our neighborhood. I try not to dwell on it too much because God has blessed us SO much with this home and our new home and just life in general. No complaints here! However, as excited as we are to live on a farm with our horses we are equally going to miss our life in the city in one of the best neighborhoods ever.
I count ourselves very fortunate to have lived in a beautiful home surrounded by such great neighbors and to be moving on to living on a farm in the midst of His creation!
Thank you, God, for a life full of blessings!
1 comment:
The asparagus looks wonderful!!! I remember the plants last year. Yes, you have invested so much into your home. However, the next one will end up being as special as this one has been to you. You and Sam have everything to do with that. You are leaving the house and the neighborhood a better place than when you moved there. I hope you are taking some of your bulbs with you! The limelight? I'll send this on to Grams. She will be delighted! :)
Post a Comment