This is our family blog, set up so that you can be one step closer to our daily lives. We've got TWENTY feet (often more) going in and out of our house every day, out of which comes a lot of stories! Who are the other two feet, you ask? YOU! Our guest!

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Start Sheddin' The News....



It's collapsing today!

I want to be a part of it!

Dem-O-li-tion!!!!



Well, at least that's what I thought I would be singing one day. Turns out I was very, VERY wrong. Now, I'm all for saving historic houses and elements of the property, but there comes a point where one must draw the line. My husband and father are very well aware of my sentiments on this subject (one way of putting it that makes it sound civilized - I'm not very...).

My object with this post is to rally together a mob of sorts... a mob that will do my bidding and tear down dilapidated, clutter magnet, termite fodder sheds that have many accidental skylights. OR my husband and father can come to their senses and agree to tear the thing down.

See below... and I beckon you to come over to my side... It's time to put the shed to rest.

Enter...if you dare....mmwwhaaaahaha!!!

My, what a lovely skylight above the rusty old stove! Let's have a cook out!


Are we inside of the shed, or outside? Inside or outside? Your guess is as good as mine!

No, that bright light is not the heavenly angels calling the shed home, nor is it the doorway into the shed. It's a gaping hole in the roof! Well, yay!

Now, for the record, let me say that if this were the ONLY storage until on the property, it may be worth some valiant two-year restoration project. BUT there is a shed and workshop combo building just to the left of this thing that is in perfect working condition. Might I also add (to the argument of more storage space) that we are DOUBLING our square footage by moving into this house from the cottage. Furthermore, the ONLY storage we had at the cottage was underneath the house (which we will have plenty of under the Foursquare as well), a bit of space in the attic and the guest room closet and underneath the guest room bed. Ahem.

We DO NOT need the shed. We'll just store up a bunch of crap if we keep it and is it really good storage and worth the work it will take to bring it up to code? I think not. I would rather have a more spacious back yard, wouldn't you?

So, if you would be so kind, would you please comment on this post with your point of view on the shed? And if you comment with a "Yes! It's worth saving!" then you are hereby obligated to come and restore it along with my father and husband. After that I'll make you paint trim work in the house, too.

So, cast your vote!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

knock that sucker down

Nick M. said...

kill kill 'knocked down sheds' make the grass grow!

The Bean said...

I had NO IDEA you were back to blogging. Sweet! Give the shed a swift kick in the @$$ for me!

Sam said...

Ok. I need some folks to rally on my side. We can always use the space, as long as we are still renovating. It won't take much to knock out the old wood and put up something temporary....that way we can store all the stuff needed to fix the house. Come on, anybody on my side?????

Save the Shed in 2008.

Anonymous said...

ST, as soon as I show this to Big G, you will have all the ammunition you need. Maybe as a contractor, he can see something that the rest of us can't? Which, I would assume, means he would HELP!!!! :0

Anonymous said...

hope i'm not too late...knock that sucker down!!!!