This is our family blog, set up so that you can be one step closer to our daily lives. We've got TWENTY feet (often more) going in and out of our house every day, out of which comes a lot of stories! Who are the other two feet, you ask? YOU! Our guest!

Monday, February 25, 2008

And the Oscar Goes to...

And now... the award for "Best Supporting Dishwasher in a Dishwasher-less Kitchen" goes to (drumroll please)...




Miss Ella Bella BEAN!!!!
(crowd goes wild - dogs howling and panting, cats purring and yowling, general carrying on of merriment, Ella Bean trots onto stage, tail wagging )
"Thank you, thank you! You have no idea HOW MUCH this chrome faucet means to me! It's beautiful, shiny and looks like an antique! I couldn't have asked for more!
"You know, even since I was a little pup, I helped my mother with the dishes. We didn't have much money then, so a dishwasher was something we didn't dare dream of, much less a brand new faucet in period design.
"I can remember her (my Mama) crying over the sink (this was before my step-daddy came along) wondering just how she was ever going to get all of that baked-on spaghetti sauce off of the pyrex and get a man to marry her. 'Mama,' I said (dog choking up a little, licks away her tears) 'Mama, here. Let me help you.'
"Let me tell you I licked that dish so clear and clean all she had to do was slap a little Dawn on there to get rid of the slobber! I may have been small and of mixed breeding, but honey, I've been lickin' dishes with the best of 'em ever SINCE!!!!!!"

(again, crowd, pack, pride - whatever you want to call it - goes wild)

"So, thank you! Thank you Pegasus Faucets, Dawn, Prego....and thank YOU, Mama!!!"



"And ALL I got was this crummy spray nozzel as an honorable mention! Hmpf!"



Yeah, that was a little crazy and over the top, but admit it - it was a lot better than posting a pictures and saying, "Hey, here's my new kitchen faucet and spray nozzel - cool, huh?!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A grand story, to be sure . . . . and what a beaaaaaaaaaaaoooooooooutiful faucet!!!