This is our family blog, set up so that you can be one step closer to our daily lives. We've got TWENTY feet (often more) going in and out of our house every day, out of which comes a lot of stories! Who are the other two feet, you ask? YOU! Our guest!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I Took My Chevy to the Lev-errrr... Dump...

So we have this "shed" in the back yard of the Foursquare. It is basically a graveyard for junk and other things that your average packrat might collect or be unable to part with (like mildewed sheetrock and broken .50 cent plastic plant trays). It has been driving me nuts knowing that all of this stuff is just sitting there (rusted paint cans with trees growing from them, political campaign signs from 3 years ago and rotting pieces of wood) when it ALL needs to GO! Now it has been a great playground and litterbox for the 20 or so stray cats that have taken up residence under our house, but it is no longer safe, structurally speaking, for even them.

So, I begged my husband to help me sort through the bad and the kinda-bad-but-I-really-wanna-keep-it-anyway stuff that is in there. I would most likely throw it all out (except for the kitchen sink - yeah - there's one in there too!), but my husband has the ability to see the beauty in many things that I cannot. Our handyman helped us by loading up a quarter of the junk in the shed (that's all we had time for) and hauling it to the Saturday dump truck site.

My dear husband doing some sorting.
Junk in the trunk from one angle....
...and another! Whew!

(P.S. The spellchecker has not been working for me, so please pardon my spelling!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Missed you.