This is our family blog, set up so that you can be one step closer to our daily lives. We've got TWENTY feet (often more) going in and out of our house every day, out of which comes a lot of stories! Who are the other two feet, you ask? YOU! Our guest!

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Well, Art You Cute?!

For those of you who do not know, I will be giving art lessons to one little student (who will remain anonymous on this blog) in October! It is exciting for me, because it will allow me to really examine art and its technique, which I studied, but came naturally to me. I do enjoy teaching and children, so throwing in a little paint and creativity will be fabulous!

Here she is painting a butterfly in my studio - we did a trial run to see if this energetic little girl would be able to handle sitting still. She had to ask me about the cereal I ate, clear up confusion about what I actually did for a living, find out where Mr. Sam was, see if I had made any progress on the dollhouse and find out what Lil' Henri was doing. Once she determined that all was OK at my little house, we got down to business. Needless to say, she did great! Don't you love the frog painting, below?
I'll keep you posted on future projects (currently, I am not accepting any other students, by the way) and paintings - maybe even some of my own!
I am facing down a poodle portrait, and I WILL win!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teaching art to kids is up there on my list of really-important-jobs-for-which-I-am-totally-unqualified. So glad you're doing it!

Sam said...

Yea! Teaching! I'm excited to see you at work! It's going to be great and i know that young Miss will have fun and grow.
ST

Anonymous said...

What if you have found the key for her to "settle" for a time in a quiet activity? You never know what form the the arts will calm the spirit. I use to find a lot of peace in banging away on the piano. They are lovely pieces. Good job for you both!