I need to say something, and, this being my space (really, my family's, but I am the only one who writes) I am going to say it.
I am not having a good day and I am going to tell you why, because I need to get it out and my husband's in a meeting, my mom is on an airplane and my available friend is either nursing a baby or putting a toddler down for a nap. YOU get to hear it. Yay for poor you.
1. I did not appreciate the perfectly sane/sober woman urinating/defecating on my neighbor's private property close to the side walk (see post below).
2. I did not appreciate the policeman bringing her to my home where she could see me, the person who called the police, and know where I live. I do appreciate them picking her up, though.
3. I have gained 30 pounds over the past 2 years. I am WELL aware of it.
4. I do not appreciate people talking to EACH OTHER about my weight. STOP. It is not your problem. I'm still the same person. I just like peanut butter more than I used to and I cook full meals at night. Since there is another income in the house, I actually have money for food, which I did not before. Hence, the weight gain.
5. Starting a new business is completely new to me and it will TAKE TIME for me to adjust to it. I am LEARNING something NEW. Be patient. Thanks. Come again soon.
6. I do not appreciate the people of the State Licence Department accusing me of doing something illegal. My business will start October 1st. Though I have several commissions, I have collected no money. NONE. DON'T charge me a "reduced"fee of 47.00 for 10 days of business just because I forgot to put the start date on there and the fiscal year begins on October the 1st at which time I will pay 62.00. And don't be ugly to me. Don't. You'll catch more flies with honey than you will vinegar. Take that. Meanie pants.
7. Though you may think I look pregnant, I am not. Please, don't ask me when I am due UNTIL I tell you I am expecting. It goes best in that order. Me: I'm expecting! "You": Great! When are you due?
8. I may never loose any of this weight. Love me like I am or leave me alone. I am responsible for my health, including what I put in my body and when I exercise. Not you.
9. My house has lots of animal hair in it. It always will no matter how often I clean. I bet my sink is a heck of a lot shinier than yours, though. Humpf.
10. I am human and make mistakes. So do you and everyone else, but I don't let it bother me.
10. I am not an angry person. I am a content person with frantic times, sad times, mad times, etc. I am complicated, but not your lab rat. Don't analyse me or pick this post apart and make a judgement call on who I am or who I have become or what you think I am trying to say. I'm not tyring to say something. I have said it.
11. I am aware that there are two number 10s and that this should be number 12. Does it really matter?
(p.s. my wonderful husband has not committed any of the above mentioned offenses - he is my best friend, just in case he wonders!)
OK. I think I am done with my anger today. I feel much better and I'm ready to go to the grocery and run errands when the laundry's done.
I'll end on something cute and positive. Have a great day!
A Perfect "Sit" - Baby Ella Bella Bean - 6 mos.
Lil' Henri - approx. 4 mos.
Cute boy Nephew # 2 - May/June '07
Cute and Crazy boy nephews #'s 1 & 2 - June '07
5 comments:
Sorry you had such a yucky day. I hope tomorrow is a better day.
Sam
sometimes it helps just to rant - to get it out. hope it helped. hugs from hong kong!
I worried all day. It was a tough plane ride. I remember those frustrating times with the "business" part of setting up a business. People in state and federal offices are some of the worse people to deal with. Sometimes it helps to remember (or remind them) that they wouldn't be able to converse well in your expertise either. Or, hang up and call back. There will be another cranky person up there to talk to. But, on a lucky day, you will get the one good person that is willing to help. Remember always, that it lifts my heart to hear your voice on the phone, to think of your gentle, kind nature and hope that I had a small part in that. I am still excited about your new venture. The hardest part is cranking up. You are wonderful and beautiful and you found the perfect partner. Your furries are an important part of who you are and I love them too. Ranting is good. Hope you ranted away the day. The rest of the weekend will be better. :)
1) I love that you had two 10s.
2) It was so funny to read this right after the post below with the picture because I was thinking how beautiful you are in the picture and then I read about all this weight gain. Obviously, you were really really thin before.
Thanks, all for the support. It is nice to have my feelings "validated."
I owe you all a cranky day, so if you ever need to vent, feel free to call or e mail!
Post a Comment