It has been such a natural, ALMOST seamless transition to me. Strangle because only about two years ago I was saying, "OK, God. I understand. I am content with my singleness now..." And I truly was. Here I am, married, browning ground beef and cleaning the house because it is Friday and not because it is dirty and someone is coming over. Now, I'm not saying it has all been easy as a pie eatin' contest. There have been tears. Oh, the tears and the anger and the defiance that is not part of the Proverbs 31 Woman. The Proverbs 31 Woman does not hide her Skittles so she does not have to share... among other things. I don't think I ever expected that things would be perfect though. In fact, this Christmas the star on top of the tree was noticeably crooked. I purposely left it this way to remind us of our imperfections and how perfect He is. I told Sam about the star and he liked the symbolism behind it too. I may even make it crooked on purpose next year!
Anyway, we've been married with animals for six months now. It doesn't seem long and arduous, but it doesn't seem like it just began either. It feels very natural... like it has always been this way. I'm with my best friend every day. I've learned so much already and I'm having so much fun. Maybe even too much. I mean, who else would enjoy sitting in a car with me and making the most obnoxious imitation of the tornado sirens together?!
3 comments:
It is a joy to see you together. Stay happy, best friends!
Much love to you! From one blissfully happy couple to another. Paul & I celebrated our 5th anniversary on 4/6. May the next 5 years be as wonderful for you as is has been for us.
What a goofy, happy picture! The early days are fun - I wish we had a diary like this of ours to catalog them all and look back at them now. Not that now isn't fun - because it still is - and even years later it doesn't seem long or like it just began. Just different, because we're growing, and growing things change.
Much Love!
Kate, Kenny, Kelsea and both furries
Post a Comment