This is our family blog, set up so that you can be one step closer to our daily lives. We've got TWENTY feet (often more) going in and out of our house every day, out of which comes a lot of stories! Who are the other two feet, you ask? YOU! Our guest!

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Barn Buddies

I very much enjoy my time with my horse, Kahlo, but for more reasons than just one. The barn is a place where I can escape everyday life, be out in nature (which is where I feel closest to God), care for my sweet friend (Kahlo), ride with the wind or relax on the trails and be with my good barn buddies.
Two of my closest barn buddies are Ms. Leah and Ms. Nancy. Even though I do not have as much life experience (is that a good way to say it???) as they do, they still let me hang out with them! They share their troubles and their joys and they listen to me as I share mine. They were there when I was single and sometimes brokenhearted, they were there when I met and later married my sweet husband (they had LOTS of advice, too!) and I know there will be many more times for us to share in the future. They trust me with their hurts and struggles and I do likewise.
On a more joyful note, we share happy times too! I'll never forget my Lingerie Shower or The Time in the Woods when they gave me The Wedding Night Talk! Eeeeeee! We just recently had birthdays (Ms. Nancy and I share one!) and birthday celebrations, including Ms. Leah's Mexican Fiesta! We are due for another party this weekend (it's gonna be great!) and hopefully a nice ride. Let's not forget about the Rita Rain Riders!!! I have never laughed so much on the back of my horse before - and while running through the rain!
I guess what I am trying to say is: These are my friends, and they are GREAT!

Ms. Leah, Me and Ms. Nancy celebrate a wonderful birthday!!!


Kahlo and I pose for the camera....

As do Ms. Nancy and Leroy Brown.

Then we all stand together!!!
Cherokee and Ms. Leah - friends forever!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are all wonderful people. I was so glad to meet those that I did. You can never have enough "real" friends. Nurture those people that truly care for you. You will be repaid over and over again.