This is our family blog, set up so that you can be one step closer to our daily lives. We've got TWENTY feet (often more) going in and out of our house every day, out of which comes a lot of stories! Who are the other two feet, you ask? YOU! Our guest!

Monday, April 23, 2007

...And He walks with me and He talks with me...

And I never feel quite as close to Him as when I am "In The Garden" or in nature. I had forgotten to share our little morning adventure to Jasmine Hill Gardens with you. Sam and I had a wonderful time (didn't we?) looking at the Greek sculpture replicas and, of course, the beautiful flowers in the gardens. Sam knows the owners well and he had been told by them that the gardens were in rare form this year with the number of blooms. We just had to take a look!!! Not only was the story behind the gardens interesting and the flowers beautiful, but the layout and many special places the garden contained were enchanting.



(Here is a picture of a water lily I took and some pansy patches that lead to a fountain)


Most importantly, Sam was with me sharing in the adventure AND he enjoyed it. I know not every man out there likes gardens and history, but Sam was more that happy to go and we did have lots of FUN! yard work is one of the things that we really enjoy doing together, so we also found the gardens very inspiring!


(My best friend on a Grecian Bench, A Beautiful Fountain, Sam and Me in the flowers)



Take a look at our pictures! They just don't do the gardens justice, though!



(The Garden's Wishing Well, The House and Flower Garden/Fountain, A Replica of the Athena Nike, and an accurate replica of Hera's Temple)



(I got caught by a horrible panther, then Sam came to rescue me - but got caught, then we were all distracted by this man with no clothes on!!!)




(Beautiful, beautiful tulips on the tulip path... wish you had been there...)


(Michelle on the garden path, and with a fish friend, and with another little dog friend, Sam WHAT are you doing???!!! Silly!)


As you can see, we had a GREAT time!!! Next time we visit or have an adventure, YOU should come along!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The lily looks like a Monet - did the fish turn into a prince? - how did you get Hershey to be so still? Congratulations on finding someone who actually enjoys something besides cars, boats and guns!