I have ample work space with the counter tops, a good amount of storage (though a mixed media artist can NEVER have too much storage!), different work stations and I am surrounded by inspiration!
See the lovely view? It is on the second story so I feel like I am in a tree house looking down on everything in the neighborhood.
I believe that the only new things we bought for the studio were the counter tops and the storage bins. It is so nice to have everything in its own little box. SO much easier to find, too. I used to have to shove things out of the way or dig through boxes to find one tiny thing. Now they all have there spot.
The cabinets were the old kitchen cabinets and everything else was from somewhere around the house were it didn't fit. Even this chandelier. My Dad gave it to me about 5 or 6 years ago. It was out of an old office they had. It used to hang in the front room of my old house (the little house) and we brought it with us when we moved. It does for the room what icing does for a cake!
Oh, and let's not forget the animals. They love it too! They are allowed anywhere I am not currently working and the dogs even have their own bed up in the room too.
3 comments:
Hey Michelle! It's Jackie...I was asking people on Facebook if anyone knew where you were, and they directed me to your blog. I would love to hear from you and see what has been going on the last few years- mine have been unusual, busy, scary, but blessed. I have a blog as well, turnertable.blogspot.com Anyway, I'd love to hear from you!!
Kitten looks ready for business! It all looks great. Nice new look for the blog too. Can't wait to see what you turn out. ST's blog is also on my favorites now :)
I dream of an art studio.
sigh....one day.
I know you must be very happy.
Post a Comment