I was thinking the other day about things that we have and haven't done with the house and it
occurred to me that I haven't posted any real "after" pictures of the things we worked on.
Remember the guest bathroom upstairs? Pepto walls, brown tile, nasty vanity and plastic baseboards? Yeah. Well, without further ado, here's the after pictures!

Gatsby "using" the new toilet in the guest bath as a place to take a bath...

The wonderful, wonderful old tub. I LOVE it. It is so awesome to soak in because it is deep, you can lay back and rest your head and because it is cast iron, it holds the heat in very well. Now, if anyone out there has experience in putting up those shower curtain thingies that hang from the ceiling and walls let me know. Our ceilings are 10 ft and the position of the tub is different than most, so it poses a huge problem in the shower unit department.

Wainscoting and a towel rack - with my lovely centennial tea towel!

Gatsby on the green toilet - it is not as efficient as you might think...
Lil' Henri shows off the tile floor. Not the original wood (which we wanted but was in too rough of shape) or the hexagonal tiles (WAY too expensive for our budget), but it looks slightly older and you can walk on it without fear of getting tetanus or some other strange disease!
Yay! Sideways shots! Here's the sink.

And a very bad picture of the washstand from the
flea market my mom/Grams bought for us to put up here. I really love it though. I considered stealing it from the bathroom and putting it somewhere else, but it really does best in here and dresses things up nicely.

I think it came out great!!!!
3 comments:
The best part about the bathroom: It's done!
(Sort of)
I LOVE the bathroom! Beautiful!
I love the bathroom! When you think of the "before", it's amazing. And . . . your Dad saw a HGTV that showed how to do the shower curtain the way your tub is located (should you ever feel inclined to do so). He has saved it for you. More work for Sam . . . but I'm pleased with it the way it is. It's lovely and serene.
Post a Comment