For my friends and family that can't be here during the holidays, I have taken a few pictures of the house decorated on the inside:
Sam and I have started another tradition of our own by buying a Christmas Tree ornament every year that, from the selection given, symbolizes the past year and the gifts God has given us. In our marriage, we've never had just one ornament for the year so far!
Let me tell you about them:
If you can't guess what type of ornaments we had for our first Christmas as a married couple, them you might be drinking too much eggnog. I don't think we bought one ornament the first year. They were all gifts.
Next up is this little house. December of 2007 we had our house on the market, tried several times to buy the one we are in now, we were renovating it, starting up a business in the other and I was preparing to be in Idaho for two weeks for Christmas, but we did it! We got the house. My mom found this little ornament which says "New Home" with a little key at the top and 2007. It is the other than made the top two. Christmas in Idaho and buying the Foursquare were the big things of 2007.
Here's another that was good too. My brother-in-law made this one which has the family name and 2007 on it. Stained glass is my FIL's business. I like it because around this time he became engaged to his now wife, and joined with his girls (our nieces) they make four. There are four pieces of this ornament that join together and in the center to make one. It's just kinda sweet.
Ah, 2008! Looking at this cute little ornament, you would never know that it was quite controversial for 22ft. I LOVED it the moment I saw it. Sam - I won't really say how he felt about it other than he was happy that it made me happy and that's where his attachment to this ornament ends. I picked it because it contains different little animals in the house and on the back it says "Happy is the home that shelters a friend. 2008" One of our reasons for buying a larger house was so we could better use our home for the service of others. We do our best to regularly have people stay with us, eat with us and visit with us. Whatever little animal that needs a place to stay is also welcome. So, I thought this ornament was perfect. The only reason we ended up with it is because Sam really wanted to leave the mall, so he told me he thought it was ok and here we are.
Ok, this is the ornament that we really wanted to 2008, but nothing like it was to be found at Hobby Lobby, Hallmark or any mall kiosk for miles around. Where did I get it? Tractor Supply Co. Yup. We wanted some type of horsey ornament to symbolize the search for Reagan and all of the fun we have had being together and with the horses. After the cancer scare with Sam we just bit the bullet and got him a horse so we could spend that fun time outdoors together doing something active and relaxing and thrilling and wonderful all at the same time. So again, for 2008 the house has been a huge blessing and so have the horses.
So tell me, what kind of ornament would you pick to symbolize your blessings in 2008? What big or significant events have happened? What little things stand out? I can't wait to hear your responses!
Now, in all of this talk of decorations, don't think that I have forgotten the Nativity. I haven't. It's just that I have so many they require their own post!!!
2 comments:
I love this post. The house looks wonderful. I can't wait to see it in person.
Season's Greetings from up the road a bit in GA.
Looks like you have tons of projects going on.
Post a Comment