And since no one, not even the one person who reads my blog (thanks, Mama!), posted about their Springtime projects, I will write about mine for my own entertainment!
First off, we are having a foal. Since we don't know when Reagan's date of conception is, we don't know when the foal will come, what it will be (horse or mule) or what it will possibly look like. Honestly though, I don't see how Reagan can keep going and growing. She's eating 24/7 on grass and hay in addition to 6 + pounds special pellet feed with vitamins and corn oils added in three times a day. She's a machine! So, when will the Little Rea Rea come? Any day now is my guess. I'll get worried if we end up in April and there's no baby yet...
I'm also trying to work with Kahlo more.. I want to train her in several things such as barrel racing, trail competition and endurance. If we just stuck to one thing I think it would be boring for both of us. Plus, the more time we spend together and work on challenges together the better we will both be!
Another Springtime project is the beginning of the vegetable garden! Some of our seedlings have begun to sprout and we have plans to till up and compost the would be garden area. It is our first attempt to grow anything edible and neither one of us know all the little insider tricks of the trade as far as gardening goes, so I'm not expecting too much but nonetheless it is exciting! Our own little Recession Garden!
Of course, we have lots of little house projects going on as well. I'm currently looking for tiles to replace one or more of the sections of the floor part of the hearth were there once were tiles. Expense and availability are the major roadblocks at this point. I just can't justify spending 3.75 per antique white tile right now, yet I want things to be as historically accurate as possible, so I am wanting salvaged tiles, but will take reproductions. They are such small areas, but big focal points and one of the major traits of old houses - cool fireplaces! I don't want to skimp on these. I did pay a high amount per tile for the dining room fireplace, but it only needed a few tiles and they are so unique - I'm CERTAIN no one makes them anymore for any better of a price.
3 comments:
Okay, the two dogs picture cracked me up! No wonder your house needs a mudroom! I'll bite on Spring projects: season 2 of organic garden, waiting for our Ridgeback puppy, mending the fence, getting four more Maran chicks, building a stealier coop, and stalking M'elle's blog for foal news :-) so exciting!
Nothing I have to do even sounds as interesting and exciting as you. As always, we wait for a call from Montgomery to come and help with Spring projects. I always have the same, clean carpet, clean out drawers and closets. . . go to Good Will with lots of bags of things I don't need. Then, there is back and forth on the highway, which eats 2 days a week and packing and repacking. Hopefully, some paint projects that will, from my end, improve. Boring, boring!
I don't really have any spring projects right now unless you count training a puppy. I need to get my flower/vegetable garden going but our weather just digressed back to 50 degrees which does not inspire me to spend loads of time outside. :(
Post a Comment