This is our family blog, set up so that you can be one step closer to our daily lives. We've got TWENTY feet (often more) going in and out of our house every day, out of which comes a lot of stories! Who are the other two feet, you ask? YOU! Our guest!

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Have I told you about my hand? I didn't think so.
To all you DIY-ers and Old House people - heck, to anyone who uses one hand for most tasks, beware! Look up DeQuervain's syndrome. I honestly believe this is from a combination of too much time on the computer when I first started my business, scraping life back into the kitchen floor in the foursquare for countless hours, painting trim for countless hours, knitting, painting, writing and having a busy, busy right hand all of the time. New moms can be susceptible to this as well by the way they hold their child with the wrist turned. So, if it hurts, stop!

Anyway, after many months of anti-imflammatories, saltwater soaks, tons of prayer and rest in the brace, I think my right hand is ready to ease slowly back into work!!! Praise God!


Believe me, it was and is an artist's nightmare.

But, my mom and I worked on making these weatherproof canvas tags and my hand made it through ok! I'm still wearing the brace at night and doing most writing with my left hand (unless it is something that someone else needs to be able to read!) as well as brushing teeth, eating, etc. I'm almost ambidextrous!!!

Aren't they cute? Not exactly something for the Met or The Louvre, but it was fun and I've made a little money off of them.



Here's a happy customer:


Or Perhaps he's just a very, very good sport!

Now that Spring seems to have crashed into Winter, run over it and totaled it, I'm looking forward to new projects and inspirations (like Springtime foals and such).

What Winter projects are you finishing up and what Springtime ones are you planning?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are very cute. Thanks for the fun weekend in the "Sweat Shop". I had a great time and am looking forward to the next. :)