Here they are - meet the kitchen cabinets!!!! TA-DA!!!!!!!!!
I am SO ready to put stuff in them!!!!

This wall runs parallel to the driveway. The infamous "Stove Placement Debate of 2007" took place in this very kitchen. A compromise was reached by both parties and the stove top/oven combo will be placed over 9 inches away from the window to meet code (the open place where the wires are coming from) and the kitchen sink will be placed in its desired spot so that the cook (me) may look out into the backyard while she works at the sink.

The fridge will go next to this little cabinet. We hope to have a little bar top area here as well so that you can pull up some little stools in the family room to it (that beige room is the family room).
Yes, I am keeping those little shutter things at the bottom half of the windows. I like them mostly because they remind me of my Grams's house. She has them in almost every room. It just makes me think of being there.

Here's another view of where the fridge will be. We hope to move this door to the outside where the screen door was and make this little room into a mud room (We are not sold on doing this yet. We are going to live here for a while and let the house "tell us" what to do). It used to house the water heater, but we are moving those underneath the house. No, we
are not open to suggestions. The "Great Water Heater Debate of 2007-2008" also took place here and it was very traumatic and difficult to come to any resolution. It involved every plumber, sub-contractor, Gas Co. Personnel, Electric Co. Personnel, family member and friend that you can imagine. All possible options were considered and the discussion is closed.
OH! Did I mention that we will have a dishwasher?! And no, I don't mean myself, Sam or the dogs, I mean a machine one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are we going to do with ourselves?! I haven't had a dishwasher in 5 years!!! (it will go in that little empty space by the present back door).

So you aren't impressed, eh? Well, here's an older picture of the kitchen when we first looked at the house.

This picture gives no indication of how FILTHY this kitchen was. Dead rats, onion skins, a jar of three-bean salad... Not to mention the 3 ceilings that the drop ceiling was concealing (say that 5 times really fast!) and the 5 or so layers of old flooring that was on top of the original hardwood floor. Oh, and we found a chimney pipe and tons of bricks from the original wood-burning stove. And the tar and soot.....OH the TAR and SOOT! I'll never forget it...
Here's the lovely built in which I am so very excited to have! I've always wanted one! The PO of the little house tore one out when she remodeled in the 60's. It broke my heart to find that out. But now I have one of my very own!!!! Isn't it grand?!
So, needless to say, I'm a happy girl. I even have pots and pans drawers by the future stove! And they have a really cool closing mechanism.... if I'm feeling really ambitious later I may take a video of it...
3 comments:
You are on a roll. The colors are great! What will you do with all of these NEW machines? Fun! What shall we cook first? :)
Look at that!!!!! How cool!!!! I am very impressed.
i love the new kitchen!
Post a Comment