So, I have this ugly, horrific kitchen with no fridge, stove top and a double oven. It definitely lacks a plan. This picture actually shows its only good points. It has windows. It has walls of hideous green with palm tree wallpaper in spots. It's got a drop ceiling. It has fluorescent light fixtures. It's a Michelle nightmare. Now, this kitchen was not always thought so cute by the Michelle International Kitchen Rating System Scale.
Yes. What you are witnessing is brown, scratchy grease laden paneling. Oh yeah, and faded strawberry ruffle curtains. Can you see Avi? That's my avocado green fridge from the early 60s. We have Sam's fridge now, but Avi is running strong as ever at my In-Law's cabin. I saved the antique ice cube caddies from it.
So, as you can see, give me a bucket (try four for the kitchen - paneling SOAKS up paint) of paint and some money for a flea market and I can make a kitchen look cute. It's just that I already did that four years ago and now I have more monetary obligations.
What I am getting at is, if you know of any websites or places nearby where I can get some liquidated/cheap supplies, appliances, flooring, sink, ANYTHING to "Save The Kitchens" please let me know. I am not above dumpster diving, scrounging and begging. I'll pick up pennies off of the ground, I'll eat dirt if I have to!
And that's all I'm gonna say about that.
6 comments:
I forget until I see some of the old pictures just how much you have done to your little house. As excited as you are about #209, it will be a bit wrenching for you I think. You did a lot of growing and changing in that little house. Your life changed many times. But, as you said . . . it's all doable. Soap and water will be the first item. In the meantime, we all need to start searching. Take your vitamins!!! :)(I have already doubled up on mine!)
Oh! Your first kitchen up there is adorable. It is VERY similar (almost identical in every where other than decor) to my closest friend's kitchen, actually. And your new one is not as bad as you make it sound. Is it an eat in kitchen? It looks a little smaller...once you get your appliances in and clean, you will feel better about it. Are you leaving the paint the same color?
your cheer at the beginning cracked me up!! and i have faith that you can make this kitchen just as wonderful as the last one! :)
I love renovations. I think it suits you and your talents perfect to have this kitchen as your jumping off point. And by the way, send me a quote for that Gustav Klimt interpretation we were talking about and we'll see what we can work out. Size I would like it to be about 2'wide by 3'tall or 2 1/2'wide by 3 1/2' tall. send me an email and we can discuss it further. :) svcltch@yahoo.com
I'm one of those people who always sees the potential in a house. That's why we buy houses that need serious, serious work. I see you have the same issue. But I have every confidence you will rescue that kitchen from the atrocities that have been committed against it.
Well, you could try to win a kitchen and bath remodel: http://www.diynetwork.com/
But even if you don't I know you will find a way to make it more functional and beautiful!
Post a Comment