This is our family blog, set up so that you can be one step closer to our daily lives. We've got TWENTY feet (often more) going in and out of our house every day, out of which comes a lot of stories! Who are the other two feet, you ask? YOU! Our guest!

Thursday, May 31, 2007

HEYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

This is Hershey, my husband's dog. Though I consider her to be plotting my demise (despite her lack of coherent thoughts and inability to concentrate on anything but the occasional fetch toy) , she has lately become my muse. A friend of mine asked me recently if I was still painting, and I admitted that I wasn't and hadn't in over a year. It prompted me to try and pursue this God-given talent through guilt more than anything.
I am now painting a portrait of Hershey for my husband's birthday. It is almost halfway complete. I won't finish it in time, but I will finish it.
Yup, the dog that ate the wedding favors, rolls in cat poop and tore up her expensive memory foam bed will become immortalized through art....have my own hands betrayed me?! Perhaps she's getting into my head...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hershey makes a good muse. I forgot to take a pictures of her portrait! I will be in the doghouse for sure (yuck, yuck). I hope that she is the catalyst to bring your gift to the surface once again. You use it in all things that you do, but it would be wonderful to have you painting again.

Anonymous said...

I just took a good look at this picture again. Hershey is doing a major gufaw!! She is having a total blast!!!! Can't you hear her? She's laughing so hard she can hardly stand!!! Give the girl a pailful of water. She is in Chocolate Lab Heaven! It makes you smile to see her . . . . I wish my teeth looked so white! :)