This is our family blog, set up so that you can be one step closer to our daily lives. We've got TWENTY feet (often more) going in and out of our house every day, out of which comes a lot of stories! Who are the other two feet, you ask? YOU! Our guest!

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The Painted Pony

Sorry for the long silence.....
We now have Internet at the House of Many Feet, so I will hopefully be posting more often.
Updates:
* The three adorable kittens we loved and raised are now up for adoption at our animal clinic. I know that one has a home, but I am not sure about the other two. I was so heart wrenching to say goodbye to them, especially since they were so frightened, but I knew they had to go if they were ever going to get good homes.
* The Painted Pony site is up and running, but not yet complete. I think it will get there once I have the time to dedicate to it.
* My current office job ends Thursday. All I can say is YAY!
* My parents are done with the Great Boat Swap/Sale Adventure. My Father is once again content/busy for the next 3 months.
* We will not be changing the blog name to Twenty-four Feet as we had hoped. Keep our little family in your prayers. I have a strange feeling we may have a difficult journey ahead.
* We have a land-line. Wow. Haven't had one in over four years!!!! I don't really know what to do with a big, clunky phone that I can't put in my purse!
* We did not get the house (or any of the houses) that we tried for. We feel that this is God's way of telling us to STAY PUT! We can put up with one bathroom. It is really not that bad.
* It was about 105 degrees in the shade today. SO HOT and no rain. Please pray for the people who need relief (farmers) and the innocent animals who have become dependant on humans to supply them with food (grass), my horse being one of them. Please pray for rain.
* I am the chair person for our neighborhood membership drive. If you have ever been to one of our neighborhood meetings, you will know that I need lots of prayer. Let me just say that they are a cultural and psychological smorgasbord with no time limit and no agenda. Anyone may speak at anytime about anything. Even the great deal you got on some tools at the hardware store, or that you think we should have a purple, long sleeved polo shirt. What I am saying is pray that I have patience. I love the people, but they actually make me feel normal and ordinary with no quirks - and we all know that's not true! ;o)
More updates to follow!


(See? I'm not normal! I wear this hat every Wednesday.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the hat! :) Glad to hear from you again - hopefully with internet in the house we will be be hearing from you more often! The Painted Pony site is a great idea!! Best of luck with that! What were feet 23-24 going to be? Are you trying to move? I feel SO out of the loop! :)

Anonymous said...

Did you ever know that I love this picture? I remember that day. Too bad you weren't there for the "exit" day! You would have thrown your lovely hat to the ground and stomped on it!!!! Ick! Membership! Personalities! Demands! Ick! Don't fret the 24 feet . . . . they will arrive when they are supposed to. The more you worry, the more they delay.

I hope your love for the kittens helps find them wonderful homes. They must have been frightened after getting so much love from you!

Rain dance for Pony! She has a blog named after her . . . rain, rain, rain!!! (except when I am on 65 next week)

Good luck on your last day (Yaaaaaaaaaay) you will be working even harder in the future . . . but for something that gives you so much satisfaction.

Can't wait to see all of those busy feet

M'elle said...

Elizabeth:
Yes, we want more feet in our house, but of the very small human variety!
We were wanting to move, but stay within our neighborhood. We tried to buy three different houses, but nothing went through (we qualified, but were outbit, etc.). We just really want more than one bathroom and a little more space so we can have a studio, guest room, and a baby's room or two!
I think of your often - I have been re-reading our books from the "Psychology and Ethics of Service" class we took at HC. I am proud to call you a friend.