
The weekend was wonderful, as always. It seems that every Monday I find myself counting the days until Friday! Sam and I worked in the yard, of course, and spent some time with our furry family members. Probably the best part of the weekend, though, was fun time with our
nephews!
Dana and Ms. Mary needed to get some shopping done, so we picked up Landon and Connor from the mall (Connor was recovering from seeing the Easter Bunny) and headed to our house for some fun time with bubbles! Landon found he was very good at the bubble trumpet and Connor did an excellent job popping the bubbles and chasing the beach ball.
"Youre' doing a great job with the bubble trumpet, Landon."
"Thanks very much, Michelle." Landon replied in his confident, grown up way. "When are we going to the park?"
"Oh, after a little bit."
"That was a nice one, Michelle." Landon stated, surveying my bubble.
"Thanks!" I was a little taken aback by his Sam-like maturity. He can be so cute, silly and rambunctious one second, then the next he speaks calmly and confidently, like a miniature adult!
After a bit of that and walking around the house, we decided to head to the park. Yay! The slid down slides, swung in swings and ran and
climbed on everything! Both boys were VERY well-behaved and had excellent manners. No tears or tantrums this time around! Sam and I got lots of exercise and a little bit of sun.
After that we met up with mom and Me-Me for lunch at Chick-fil-a. The car ride over included an interesting conversation:
"Um....Michelle, why are your teeth brown?"
"......my teeth?????"
"Yeah. You know. The ones right about here." Landon said, pointing to his incisors.
"Well....." I began to panic and think back to the commercial a few years ago where the teacher asks the kids what color her teeth are and they reply with everything BUT white. I glance over at Sam and he is focused on his driving.
"You know the teeth. Let me see them again!" Landon excalimed.
"I anna seeeee brown!" Connor chirped. I faked a smile and showed Connor my teeth.
"Why are they brown?" he asked again.
"I guess it's because I am old." I admitted.
"Am I old?" Landon said, showing me his teeth.
"No, you are young. Your teeth are white."
I vowed to begin a round of whitening gel as soon as we got home.
Lunch was good. It was nice to catch up with Dana and Me-Me, but the boys were in need of some nap time, so we soon went our separate ways. I think I would have been happy to keep them longer, but all good things must come to an end. It was wonderful to spend some uninterrupted time with the boys and get to know them a little better since we don't see them often enough. They are great kids.
Sam and I got a refreshment at Sonic and then relaxed at home. He took a two hour nap, I read magazines and visited neighbors.
When he awoke we went out to do more yard work.
Sam asked, "So, do you REALLY still want four kids?"
"Well, yeah, I think so!" I replied.
I think Sam was a little shocked.
I hope the boys come again soon!!!!!!
nephews!Dana and Ms. Mary needed to get some shopping done, so we picked up Landon and Connor from the mall (Connor was recovering from seeing the Easter Bunny) and headed to our house for some fun time with bubbles! Landon found he was very good at the bubble trumpet and Connor did an excellent job popping the bubbles and chasing the beach ball.
"Youre' doing a great job with the bubble trumpet, Landon."

"Thanks very much, Michelle." Landon replied in his confident, grown up way. "When are we going to the park?"
"Oh, after a little bit."
"That was a nice one, Michelle." Landon stated, surveying my bubble.
"Thanks!" I was a little taken aback by his Sam-like maturity. He can be so cute, silly and rambunctious one second, then the next he speaks calmly and confidently, like a miniature adult!
After a bit of that and walking around the house, we decided to head to the park. Yay! The slid down slides, swung in swings and ran and
climbed on everything! Both boys were VERY well-behaved and had excellent manners. No tears or tantrums this time around! Sam and I got lots of exercise and a little bit of sun.After that we met up with mom and Me-Me for lunch at Chick-fil-a. The car ride over included an interesting conversation:
"Um....Michelle, why are your teeth brown?"
"......my teeth?????"
"Yeah. You know. The ones right about here." Landon said, pointing to his incisors.
"Well....." I began to panic and think back to the commercial a few years ago where the teacher asks the kids what color her teeth are and they reply with everything BUT white. I glance over at Sam and he is focused on his driving.
"You know the teeth. Let me see them again!" Landon excalimed.
"I anna seeeee brown!" Connor chirped. I faked a smile and showed Connor my teeth.
"Why are they brown?" he asked again.
"I guess it's because I am old." I admitted.
"Am I old?" Landon said, showing me his teeth.

"No, you are young. Your teeth are white."
I vowed to begin a round of whitening gel as soon as we got home.
Lunch was good. It was nice to catch up with Dana and Me-Me, but the boys were in need of some nap time, so we soon went our separate ways. I think I would have been happy to keep them longer, but all good things must come to an end. It was wonderful to spend some uninterrupted time with the boys and get to know them a little better since we don't see them often enough. They are great kids.
Sam and I got a refreshment at Sonic and then relaxed at home. He took a two hour nap, I read magazines and visited neighbors.
When he awoke we went out to do more yard work.
Sam asked, "So, do you REALLY still want four kids?"
"Well, yeah, I think so!" I replied.
I think Sam was a little shocked.
I hope the boys come again soon!!!!!!

1 comment:
They really are so cute. It looks like you all had fun together. It will be good memories for all of you. Maybe it was good for Dana too! It's a good feeling to leave your kids with someone that you know truly cares for them. Great pictures.
Post a Comment