Here's a synopsis of life sense we last posted:
1. We moved. It was not a lot of fun, but Michelle was a super packer and we broke down and hired a moving company. Yes, it was 6 blocks, but we both feel it was the best money we ever spent. Otherwise it would have looked like this --->

We are loving the additional room which allows us to have company with out feeling like they are cell mates. We are no where near 'done', which I hear is a word only uttered with new houses.

2. I went to Prague, The Czech Republic. It was an 8 day trip for a YMCA Youth Festival. It is an amazing city and if you every have the chance to go, do. Make sure you go before you are too old to get around....we walked about 5 miles a day. While there I went to a fencing demonstration, which was awesome.

3. We bought a horse. After several weeks of negotiations, M'elle finally convinced me to buy a horse for me. As soon as I gave her the green light, we discovered that the horse we had looked at (Stinky was her name, no kidding) turned up sold to someone else. The search then pointed to Lexy, who M'elle visited. The Jury was out on Lexy, but a contact in GA told us he had the horse for us. We finally got a picture showing us that the horse had 4 legs and a head, so we bought her sight unseen. We have since named her Reagan and she has proved to be a great mare. She was named for our 40th President, Ronald Wilson Reagan, but her attitude towards her mother has caused us to consider her named after his wife Nancy (she has tried to bite her and I think she was consulting an astrologer in the pasture one day). It has been great to ride. M'ell has done a good job of teaching me how to take care of her and I have really enjoyed meeting the folks at the barn. Of course, most of the kids and teens (from 5 to 18) know more about horses than I ever will. I need a little humbling every now and then.
So life moves on here. We are enjoying the house. Insulation is not something that was popular in 1910, so if you ever come over in the winter, bring a sweatshirt. We keep the heater on a balmy 62 degrees unless it is really cold and we bump it up to 64.
Here are a few pics. Hope we can both write more. ST
2 comments:
I nearly FELL OUT OF MY CHAIR when my RSS feed told me there was a new post available on your blog. I am so glad you guys are back and doing so well. Congrats on the horse! Now we need to see some pics of the house renovations. WELCOME BACK!
I too was surprised to find not 1 but 2 posts! Yay! Though I have been to the house and met Reagan (and seen her split personality aka Ronald/Nancy), I still miss this blog. After so many months, I sometimes wonder why I kept checking. You have made remarkable progress on the house in (almost) a year. ST, you are the Tool Man now . . .good thing you are a quick study. Keep posting!
Post a Comment